A few things that aren’t worth their own posts, but that I wanted to mention anyway:
- I finally got around to ordering the UTG Defender Tactical Xenon Flashlight Brass suggested in my Weapon Light Bleg post from…April. Should be here by Monday. I figure at $35, if it works, great! If it doesn’t seem very robust, I’ll throw it on my .22 trainer and get a better one.
- I did get around to posting a list of state level gun rights organizations, but I never actually mentioned that I had done it after soliciting your help. Thanks for your help with that, I really appreciate it.
- I finally got around to installing the APEX RAM and DCAEK in my M&P9 yesterday. I didn’t install the USB that comes with the DCAEK, because it require removal of the rear site. Since, as my friend Reese informed me, IDPA stands for “I Don’t Practice Anymore” I don’t want to futz with the sights and then not verify zero before I shoot a match. The next one is in 9 days and I don’t see myself getting in some range time before then.
- It has been 5 years since I became Debt Free. I paid off my student loans on July4th, 2007*. It seems longer that that.
- I have been given my great-grandfather’s .32 S&W revolver. It was bought used in 1920. Near as I can tell, it was made in 1904. Not sure it’s ever been cleaned, though. Pictures coming soon.
*And 11 months later, I got married and we did it all again with her stuff. We have been debt free about 2 years now.